- To develop and maintain current, field-driven standards that improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services delivered to people in need of rehabilitation and other life enhancement services.
- To conduct accreditation research emphasizing outcomes measurement and management, and to provide information on common program strengths as well as areas needing improvement.
- To provide consultation, education, training, and publications that support organizations in achieving and maintaining accreditation of their programs and services.
- To provide information and education to persons served and other stakeholders on the value of accreditation.
- To recognize organizations that achieve accreditation through a consultative peer-review process and demonstrate their commitment to the continuous improvement of their programs and services with a focus on the needs and outcomes of the persons served.
- To seek input and to be responsive to persons served and other stakeholders.